- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup crumbled bacon or bacon bits
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ Tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
Mix broccoli, onion, cheese, and bacon in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, thoroughly mix sugar, vinegar, and mayonnaise.
Pour dressing mixture over salad and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 Servings.
Note: If you replace the cheddar with reduced fat cheddar, the sugar with Splenda granulated sweetener, and the mayonnaise with light mayonnaise, the key nutritional values change to: Calories - 162, Calories From Fat - 96, Total Fat - 10.5 g, Saturated Fat - 3.5 g, Total Carbs - 10 g, Sugars - 3.5 g, Weight Watchers Smart Points - 4.