Caprese Couscous Salad
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1¼ cups water
- 1 cup pearl (Israeli) couscous
Combine tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, shallot, garlic, basil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat, and stir in the couscous. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes; fluff with a fork. Allow couscous to cool, then toss with tomato mixture.
Makes 6 servings.