Ham and Asparagus Casserole
- 1 pound asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1½ cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of asparagus or cream of celery soup
- 1 cup shredded Italian-style cheese blend
- 1 cup baking mix (e.g., Bisquick®)
Heat oven to 400° F.
Heat asparagus, ham, ½ cup milk, soup, and ¾ cup cheese to boiling in large saucepan, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Spread in ungreased 2-quart casserole.
Stir baking mix, remaining ¾ cup milk, and remaining ¼ cup cheese in small bowl until blended. Pour evenly over ham mixture.
Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in biscuit layer comes out clean.
Makes 6 servings.