Italian Green Bean and Potato Salad
- 2 pounds red potatoes, skin on
- ¾ pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil for blanching
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, grated
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil uncovered. Simmer 20 to 25 minutes until very tender when pierced with a knife. Carefully drain and allow to cool. Peel and cut the potatoes into ½-inch dice.
Blanch the beans for 4 to 8 minutes in a pot of water with a pinch of salt and the 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Drain and rinse the beans in cold water. Drain well again. Toss with the potatoes, onions, and eggs.
Prepare the dressing and toss the salad.
Makes 6 servings