Low-Fat Caesar Salad
- 1 package (3) romaine hearts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon anchovy paste
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fat-free mayonnaise
- ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup garlic croutons (see below)
Prepare the lettuce (wash, dry and chop).
Mix remaining ingredients (except croutons). Pour over lettuce, toss with extra Parmesan, pepper, and croutons.
Makes 10 servings.
- 4 slices French or Italian Bread, toasted, crusts removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
Preheat oven to 350° F. Place the toast on a cutting board; rub with minced garlic. Lightly salt. Dice the toast. Lightly spray with olive oil and toss with crushed parsley. Place coated toast on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until golden and crunchy.