Marinated Vegetable Salad
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces frozen cut green beans, defrosted and drained, or fresh green beans
- 16 ounces frozen green peas, defrosted and drained, or fresh shelled grean peas
- 1½ cups thinly chopped celery
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
Bring the sugar and vinegar to a boil in a medium saucepan. Whisk in the oil and salt and set aside to cool
In a large bowl, combine the green beans, peas, celery, pimientos, onions, and bell pepper. Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables, cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Serve with a slotted spoon to drain the excess oil.
Makes 10 servings.