Red Potato and Green Bean Saute
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1½ Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until almost tender, about 15 minutes. Add beans and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain well.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add the potatoes, beans, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook about 2 minutes more or until heated through, tossing to coat. Add basil and toss once more before serving.
Makes 6 servings.