Maryland Crab Soup
- 1 gallon water
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 6 soup crabs
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon tobasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, hand crushed
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1½ cups chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1½ cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 1½ cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1½ cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1½ cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1½ cups halved and sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 pound special crab meat
- 1 pound claw crab meat
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
In a large soup pot, bring the water to a boil and then add the chicken and beef base. Stir until dissolved.
Thoroughly rinse and clean the crab parts, cut them in half, add to the stock and bring to a second boil. Skim any excess froth created by the crab parts.
Add spices (including worcheshire and tobasco) and hand crushed tomatoes.
Add all vegetables (except potatoes) and cook for 5-10 minutes.
Add the potatoes, allow to cook until tender.
Add crab meat and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.