- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 29-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 15.5-ounce can pinto beans in chili sauce, undrained
- 1 15.5-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup sweet yellow corn, drained
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped, 1 tablespoon sauce reserved
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ ounce dark chocolate (70-85% cacao), broken into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup fat free sour cream (optional, 1 tablespoon per serving)
Bring a large pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add turkey and spread it around in the pan to break it up a bit. Cook and crumble until meat is brown and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Drain any fat or liquid, and then transfer turkey to a slow cooker.
Add all other ingredients except for the chocolate, salt, and sour cream to the slow cooker. Add 1 Tablespoon adobo sauce (from the canned chipotles). Mix well to combine.
Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, and then reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 3 hours. (OR cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours straight.)
Add chocolate and stir until pieces melt and disappear into chili. Cover and cook for 1 hour longer on low. Add salt to taste. If you like, top each serving with a little sour cream.