Thai Chicken Pizza
- 16 ounces prepared whole wheat pizza dough
- ¼ cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 4 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Place oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450° F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Roll out or stretch dough on a lightly floured surface into a rough 16-inch oval. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake on the bottom rack until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk peanut butter, water, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl until well combined.
Season chicken with the salt and pepper. Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add bell pepper, scallions, and 1 tablespoon of the peanut sauce to the chicken; toss to combine.
Remove the crust from the oven; spread evenly with the remaining peanut sauce. Top with the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with cheese. Return the pizza to the oven and bake on the bottom rack until the crust is crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 11 to 13 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.