Turkey Bolognese with Zucchini Noodles
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- ½ pound fat-free ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 package (9 ounces) vacuum-packed cooked lentils
- ⅓ cup plus 2 Tablespoons water, divided
- 1 Tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste, or minced sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, plus extra for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon plus ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into thin lengthwise ribbons using vegetable peeler
- 4 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and ¼ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring often, until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon oil, carrot, and onion and cook, stirring often, until carrot and onion are softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
Add tomatoes, lentils, ⅓ cup water, tomato paste, oregano, ⅛ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes, adding additional water if needed to prevent sticking.
Meanwhile, combine zucchini and remaining 2 tablespoons water in large microwavable bowl. Cover with wax paper and microwave on High until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to large bowl. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil, remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt, and remaining ⅛ teaspoon pepper; toss to coat.
Divide zucchini evenly among 4 plates; top evenly with sauce. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan and garnish with oregano.
Makes 4 servings.