- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1½ Tablespoons granulated Splenda No Calerie Sweetener
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon dry steak seasoning blend
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 hamburger buns or rolls of your choice
Spray a large pan with nonstick spray and bring to medium-high heat. Add turkey, and spread it around to break it up.
In a small bowl, combine Splenda, salt, and steak seasoning. Sprinkle this mixture over the meat and continue to stir meat in the pan. Once the meat is browned, reduce heat to medium.
Add onions, peppers, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir well. Reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Toast the buns, if desired, and spread the mixture evenly amongst the five buns.
Makes 5 servings.