Southwestern Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 2½ cups fresh corn kernels
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add the corn, celery, red onion, bell pepper, and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
In a small bowl, combine the oil, lime juice, vinegar, parsley, garlic, and cayenne. Whisk until the dressing is well blended.
Add the black beans to the cooled vegetables. Pour the dressing over all and toss lightly to mix. Add the salt and pepper, and toss lightly again.
Cover and regrigerate for 2 to 3 hours to allow the flavors to blend. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Makes 6 servings.